Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Swatch and Review - OPI Y'all Come Back Ya Hear?


Hi! Happy Tuesday! Today I'll be doing a swatch and review of Y'all Come Back Ya Hear? from the 2011 Texas Collection of OPI. Y'all Come Back Ya Hear? is a sheer medium orange, or as OPI calls them, a jelly polish. "Jellies" are sheer polishes that build up opacity nicely, though they will never be fully opaque no matter how many coats are used. In the following photos, I used 3 coats, and you can still see a visible nail line (VNL). YCBYH was sheer, almost clear on the first coat, was pretty nice on the second coat, and a perfect jelly on the third. I must applaud OPI for the smooth application though, some sheers, (most of them), can be incredibly streaky and patchy to the point of utter frustration, but the sheers I've tried from OPI have been perfect! Let's get on with the photos!





What I used: 

Base Coat:  1 coat of Pro FX Epoxy Bond Base Coat
Polish: 3 coats of OPI Y'all Come Back Ya Hear?
Top Coat: 1 coat of OPI RapiDry Top Coat

I enjoyed Y'all Come Back Ya Hear? a lot, it's perfect for spring and summer. For some reason, tis polish reminds me of orange popsicles, or carrot juice..... Ha! Enjoy!

Mostin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not hesitate to comment. Provide me with your thoughts, questions, and requests. Give me feedback! I would love to hear from you!